Wednesday, August 10, 2005

No thinking

"No thinking - that comes later. You must write your first draft with your heart. You rewrite with your head. The first key to writing is... to write, not to think!", says Forrester, in Finding Forrester. Thats what I think I will do from now on. I know this is going to be harsh on the esteemed readers of my blog (heee heee)..still a man has gotta do what he has gotta do.

Swami Vivekanada Said, "This life a great opportunity..Seek the highest..Aim for the highest and you shall reach the highest...". Now that one quote can inspire me to work beyond my physical and mental abilities and achieve something (please do note that I am also not clear of what the something is and in what would I reach the highest). It would cause me intense pain if donot reach my goal.Then as Gita says(I mean the Bhagavad Gita), do your duty and do not expect the results...Reaching the goal is acheiving a positive result - so I should not expect to reach the goal but nevertheless try..

One of my friends forwarded me an excerpt from Somerset Maugham's Human Bondage. You can find it here. After reading it...I felt more depressed than ever...whats the use of all this? Why work like a donkey for that elsuive promotion an year from now or that hike half an year from now? Life has no meaning...why whould we try to make the most of the human life which we have got...? why not just be another also ran...? This does fit in nicely with the concept of everything being Maya..all of us just in the Matrix...

Now, if only I could get some clarifications....

2 Comments:

Blogger Vish said...

Welcome to Nirvana!!

You have found The question :-)

And if I'm reading you right, the question you seem to be asking is "What's the point?"

A question very close to my heart .. As my blog has been proclaiming for over a year now.

When you do get the answers, please forward them to me :-)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Sai Pondalur said...

Please cc me too!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home