Thursday, February 03, 2005

Loong time...no blog...

After a log time comes this posting. So must be more precious than others... The price of something is purely based on supply and demand. Given the miniscule demand for my blog, I am sure the frequency of my posting is beating down the supply..so my blog should be havinng a decent value (my MBA readers, pardon the mistakes in my lingo)...

As promised earlier, details reagarding my trip:

The onward journey was pretty uneventful. Got to meet my uncle and aunt after a real long time. Mumbai from air looked like one of the blob thingys. Delhi was much more organized, we could pick out ring roads and neat spokes connecting the rings. The nice part was that we saw both Mumbai and Delhi at about the same time in the evening..even if Mumbai was brighter Delhi looked much nicer. At Mumbai international airport, waited forever to get on the flight...there was an excited old lady from Thane, going to HongKong. Typical of old ladies, she was quite talkative...Thank God! she was not very nosey. Apart from the old lady, there were quite a few good looking girls from kerala (I can always smell malayalam anywhere) on their way to the Gulf...Needless to say all of them were married :-(. My luck, as usual, held sway. No 'interesting' person to meet. All my hopes were dashed to a gazillion pieces.

There was a jovial american next seat to us on the flight from Mumbai. Looked like a seasoned air traveller, with a pillow like contraption fitting on to his neck and removed his shoes and socks and stuffed them into the gap between the seat and the window and started chatting. He seemed to be travelling via Cathay Pacific the first time and he was quite impressed by the individual TVs which each of us had, on the backs of the seats before us. True to being first time travellers, me and my colleague forgot that we could have insisted on window seats...but the guy at the Mumbai checkin counter allocated us real bad seats, me in the middle, Anup in the aisle and pretty much in the middle of the aircraft.

At the airport, sincerely read all the instructions posted, saying that you should not carry arms, ammunition and razors in your handluggage..was also remarking to Anup that carrying razors is also pretty dangerous, since I could always threat the beautiful neck/face of a air hostess and take the plane to Kandahar...During security check, was confidently through all the checks till the last one, where a CSIF havaldar checks if you and your luggage have passed the security check, by virtue of a smudged red rubber stamp seal. Here is where I was stuck...my only piece of handluggage(well, discounting my handbag) was not rubberstamped. I thought, how incompetent can these people get....my luggage is checked, passed but not stamped. Then it turned out that I had my safety razors (the good old single blade type razors), not one or two, but an entire pack of 10....to my chagrin it was all confisticated and dumped into trash....It was a bit depressing to know that I have to go buy the razors in US (in $$$, not INR)...it turned out that I had to buy use and throw razors for $3 (INR 150, sob) for the 20 days I was staying there.

Ok Folks!, will continue the adventures some time later...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi this s indhu..hmmm..vishu's sis..iong time since v met but glad to hear u doin well..just felt one thin after readin some of your blogs..lost..how come all my bros and cousins speak the common comp language and only i ve got to speak the unknown medic slang..poor me..once when vishu had come down i could not take him out cos of hostel rules so took him to the hosp for a chat.boy was he horrified..his eyes widened likesaucers every time a stretcher passed by..hope there ll b atleast one more doc n the famqqtleast to give me company..take care..ciao

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home