Saturday, September 03, 2005

Feeling like...

'Feel Like God' - goes the tagline. Even though I had decided long before seeing the ad, the ad did make me feel good. Yes - all ye faithful readers of blog, I am the owner of a Bajaj Avenger, my first Motorbike, and a cruiser. All gleaming chrome and contrasting black, the vehicle would be my steed for quite some time, I believe.

None of the people I know, believed me when I said that I am going to buy Avenger. Not even my parents, my colleagues and my friends. It finally happened today and I have ridden close to 70 km on the first day.

The bike feels solid and stable. It does attract some attention when going on the road, but alas! only from men.. When going on the road, a guy riding a HeroHonda splendor slows up to me (you see, for the first 1000 km, you are advised to ride the bike at 40-45 kmph, and me being the safety guy, was 'cruising' along and 39.66 kmph) and asks, 'Kitna mileage deta hai bhai?'. I replied that I am coming back just after the taking the vehicle and I am yet to test its mileage. Then the guys goes on and I am joined by a couple on a Fiero and the guy asks about the on road price which I faithfully answer. The funniest thing was when the priest at the temple (around 18-19 years of age), asks me about the technical specs of the bike before doing the pooja for the bike.

Will post a picture of it soon...meanwhile feast your eyes on the website at: Avenger(warning: heavy flash loaded website - for the lean browsers checkout Hindu - Having some photos and a nice review.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you finally got one. Congratulations !!

Have checked out the pics and it looks cool. How different is this from an Eliminator ? I had plans of buyin an Eliminator while I was there, but just couldnt afford with the money Oracle was paying me.

Neways Congrats again and Good Luck with the bike.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Vish said...

Hey, Congrats! The bike looks awesome. Quite a bit of attitude into the piece, eh??

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the Avenger.. I am Aravind from Hyderabad,,, Was Contemplating buying an Avanger myself.. Any suggestions?

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home