Monday, June 28, 2004

As you like it...

Its not yet 5 posts and finding appropriate titles has become quite a daunting task. Will probably remove the title part...or better still decide on the title after I have completed my rant for the day! :-D

Happened to see a deserving Czech republic crush the helpless Danes and roll on the the Euro 2004 Semis. Would be interesting to see how Greece fares in the semis. All ye fans of my sporting views,donot despair - no matter what Visu says, my commentaries on current sporting events will continue unabated. Not sure how many had the chance to see the drubbing Pakistan got from Germany in the Rabobank Hockey cup.(Note people, I donot even mention about the Netherlands-India Encounter). Sadly enough, I missed both the matches and could only see the highlights.

Saw Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban over the weekend. The movie was screened in a tent-house named Sterling. I happened to get seat number 13 (forget the unlucky part) which is the last one near the left wall. The theater was 'designed' in such a way that, from my seat the left quater of the screen was hidden by a bend(!) in the wall. The AC (air circulation, not air conditioning) system convienently ignored me. I felt that the movie was the worth the stuffy two and half hours spent on it. The prisoner of Azkaban is much better made the earlier movies, still reinforced the feeling that the books are much better than the movies. Right from Pet Sematary, Jurassic park, Congo, Sphere till harry potter- the books provide a much wider scope for imagination than what could be picturized in a movie. The notable exception to this would be The Lord of the Rings series. Wow! The way Helm's Deep and last battle were picturised is just too good.

As my good friend and colleague Sai has observed, most of the blogs are essentially cribbing about one thing or other, with a dash of humor. Wonder why this trend? Has the world become so cubicled that people are not finding friends to crib to? Hope I am going easy on the cribbing part...I have enough friends who always have lunch with me to hear me crib.

Too tired to decide on the title now..as Shakespeare put it..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home