Saturday, June 26, 2004

Hooray! Another weekend.

Its yet another weekend and I am at office as usual.. Trying to solve some issue at an Argentinean Gold Mine. hmmm...If only I got some of that Gold as my pay :-D Tried submitting a story to slahdot and it got rejected. One of my favourite sides in Euro-2004, France is out of the race. My Saturday of learning is spoiled by some unseen Argentinean conspiracy. How low can it get... Good that I didnot watch that silly football match yesterday.

Yahoo reports that a PC maker in the USA expects the patriotic citizens of USA to buy their brand of PC just because they donot outsource! The business sense behind such a marketing campaign beats me! Would people pay more just because its 'Made in the USA'?? This does remind me of the Swadeshi Steam Navigation Company started by shri.V.O.Chidambaram pillai during the days of British Rule in India.

Strange that I have not got any proper comments till now. Am thinking of announcing a cute little e-gift for the first proper comment. (Thanks Visu for that wonderful idea) Let me see if that inspires any of the gazillion readers of my blog out there to comment. I would have to do some serious introspection, if the above flame bait and/or the gift does not motivate anyone to post a proper comment.
PS. The definition of Proper is not subject to discussion and the desicion of the blogmaster is final and binding. :-P

1 Comments:

Blogger Sai Pondalur said...

The heading:

Hooray! Another weekend.

I suggest a change in the heading to

Damn it! Another weekend.

Reasons:

After your weekend adventure in the "quest for Gold" you certainly look deranged and directionless and lost and what else in the Argentinian gold mines.

And you still feel like saying 'Hooray'. Did you "decide" on having the heading that way on friday evening?

I am not sure if our customers give us any gold, touchwood... we don't have any P1s over the weekend... and if we come to office, that's only because we're drunk. :-p

PS: Please let me know if I am glorifying / spoiling the spirit of your blog. Also, consider me for your e-gift (no don't give me a gmail invite.. i already have one!)

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home