Friday, June 25, 2004

Guts!

Portugal Vs. England - Euro 2004 - It a was good football match. I very much wanted Portugal to win and they did. Somehow, I am always against England...(Probably got to do with my hate of colonization). Even in their last match, wanted Crotia to win - unfortunately that didnot happen.

Portugal was clearly the better side, mainiting possesion for more that 60% of the match. Yet, they lacked the strikers to convert the wonderful passes from the midfield into goals. Ronaldo clearly disappointed - concentrated more on irrelevant dribbling tricks rather than converting passes to goals or giving good crosses to the center. Figo was always hitting 4 feet above the top bar.

Too much attention and pressure on Rooney and what an anticlimax! Poor guy. Always liked his style of play - doggedly chasing the ball and playing his heart out.He does look a hefty guy for a 19-year old! (anything to do with the german super-baby?)

It takes guts to take a penalty shoot, just after you have saved one. Hats off to Ricardo's bravery (or is it foolhardiness?).Beckham and Rui Costa lived upto their superstar billing - missing both their kicks cleanly.

My manager is again behind me to get results..gotta work..

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess what? You have another achievement in your kitty. Pulled me into the bloghole. (Are you reminded of black-holes, bingo! you are at the correct place!)

Yeah... need ta tell you why it is an achievement... my friends have been hinting at having a blog life.. but it never attracted me coz they failed to show me around. You've done it and guess what? I llllikiiitt!

Go ahead and carve a niche for yourself in the bogopolis. I wish you all the best!

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home